Thursday, July 23, 2009

MY FIRST DAY in OFFICE

It was july 7,2009 and has become one of the most memorable days of my life.

Presently, I am in bangalore for a 5 month internship(u can say its an industrial training because we will be paid for the work we do over here).

So ,it was 8 30 am in the morning and I entered the gigantic building in the outer ring road named FERNS ICON. The 4th and the 5th floor within are captured by ST MICROELECTRONICS where I will be trained. Its an electronics based company which is the leading supplier of semiconductor across the world.
After signing at the entrance gate(security is damn strict over there),we(overall,6 trainees from BITS) made our way directly to the 4th floor.
At the reception ,we were made to wait for the HR head Lata mam to arrive.

That time ,what I was feeling I can’t express in words. But can easily pen down the feelings in MS word(that’s what I am doing now :P).Thats not an isuue what so ever.
I was just feeling great. That time I can imagine myself as a responsible person who is charged up to enter the world of “9 am-6 pm " timing followers.
A sense of satisfaction was there. My inner self was telling me “hey smp ,you hanen’t done anything “extraordinary” till date and its time to show your technical skills and arduous work to everyone” and I was also supporting “him” in this regard.
Also a feeling of adventitiousness was growing somewhere inside .Also I felt like tapping my own shoulder and telling me “well done buddy, to secure a modest cgpa of 7.52 to get into this esteemed company” (also I was thinking about subjects like electrical science-2,maths-3 etc where I got an A :P)

After half an hour or so, Lata mam came and guided us to a room having a projector and of course(and most importantly for me) AC is on .(of course its central AC…don’t think otherwise)
We were given an orientation about ST , rules and regulations we ought to follow (otherwise “gg”) and were given a form to open an account balance . Again my impatient brain started his job. I was wondering like “oh my god! “ I will have my own bank account opened by me(earlier also I have an account but in SBI opened by my father and he can know everything what ever amount I used to withdraw. Though he never ever denied or questioned me ,but still…..)

After that we came to know about our projects . I got a project on embedded systems which required advanced C skills and some knowledge about DSP. I am very weak in C but that time ,I said to myself that this is best time to ameliorate yourself in C which is the backbone of modern technology in the present scenario.

Then we were shown the cubicles which will be occupied by us for the next 5 months
After that we came to know who will be our respective mentors.
My mentor’s name is satej pandey and he is a “kewl” guy.. then I went with him for a walk to the coffee shop on that very floor. He made me feel comfortable and described something about his work.
Then I came to know that for these 5 month,I have to work with him on audio department . I said “ok,yeh bhi kar lenge”
For the next 3-4 hours ,I just roamed around the office and had coffee for another 3-4 times(I must say the coffee was(is) damn good).
And finally the clock tickled 5 30 . Its time to go home.

It was such an unfading day of my life whose memories I will cherish throughout my life.

1 comment:

  1. Please do not feel that you havent done anything extraordinary, sometimes there are things that might seem very common to you but from different perspectives from different people, even that is extraordinary. In the technical aspect, I will hope to see the materialised extraordinary stuff and its development on this very blog..
    keep blogging
    \m/

    ReplyDelete